Thursday 2 February 2017

Stranded Podcast - Episode 33



Hi Everyone! Thankyou so much for stopping by to check out the episode!

Intro: I thank Katie of Inside Number 23 and Tracie and Jodi of The Grocery Girls for the lovely mentions on their podcasts.

FO's: I have finished my Anti Valentine socks! These are toe up vanilla socks - I used Susan B. Anderson's Smooth Operator pattern for the afterthought heel. These are knit out of Stranded Dyeworks Paradise MCN Fingering in the colourway 'Anti Valentine'.

WIP's: I have decided to abandon my plans for the Goatherder pullover by Ann Budd and instead have swatched for the Pavement Sweater by Veera Välimäki out of Malabrigo Sock in the 'Piedras' colourway.

I'm knitting Ann's Go To Socks by Ann Budd out of Twist Fiber Studio Fairview Fingering in the 'Lakeside' colourway.

I'm still working on my My Cup of Tea Mitts by Fluffy Fibers out of Scandinavian Hand Dyed yarn.

I have also put a fair amount of work on my Granny Stripe blanket. This is from a recipe by Attic24 that you can find here.

CowlKAL: I mention the ongoing Cowl knitalong being hosted in the ravelry group for the podcast. You can find the chatter thread here and the FO thread here.

Future Knitting: I want to cast on some vanilla socks out of Stranded Dyeworks yarn to work on in my booth at Unravel. I also want to cast on some striping socks - I show a skein of Must Stash Yarns in the 'Martian Rainbow' colourway on the Ritz base.

Question: Tselja asks if I have any recommendations for a swift and ballwinder from the UK. I use a Nancy's Knit Knacks Heavy Duty Jumbo Ball Winder (from the US) and I want to invest in the Schacht Ultra Umbrella Swift (from the US). I also mention Royal ball winders and the Knit Picks ball winder.

Stash Enhancement: I share a copy of Knitting From The North by Hilary Grant.

Unravel: I am vending at Unravel in Farnham, Surrey from the 17th-19th February. My booth is in the Cellar Bar area and is booth number CB2.

Shop Update: The shop will be updated on Friday 3rd February at 10am GMT.





No comments:

Post a Comment