Wednesday 11 January 2017

Stranded Podcast - Episode 31


Hi Everyone! Thankyou for checking out this week's podcast.

Intro: I explain that the shop has been quiet due to Unravel prep and announce there won't be a podcast next week because I'm in Copenhagen! But there should be both an episode and a vlog the week after.

WIPs:
I'm working on my Graynbow socks - out of Gynx Yarn's Strong Sock in the colourway 'Graynbow', using 56sts on 2.75mm needles. This is living in my bag by Daisystitches.

I have cast on a new pair of socks out of some yarn Tom gave me for Christmas - it's Piratenwolle yarn on the Glitzer base (I don't think they do repeatable colourways). This is the Hermione's Everyday Sock pattern by Erica Lueder.

I am also working on a Sockhead Cowl by Kelly McClure out of yarn from SSK last year - Another Crafty Girl Twinkle Sock in the 'Ponkie Brewster' colourway.

Finally, I've put a few rows on my Granny Stripe afghan.

I also mention the possibility of a Cowl KAL, if people are interested.

FOs: 
I have finished my leftover socks! The grey yarn is Stranded Dyeworks Oasis Fingering in 'Highway Code' and Fab Funky Fibres 'I Believe In The Impossible'.

Future Knitting:
I want to cast on a Fringed shawl by Stephen West - but I can't decide on the colours I want to use!

Stash Enhancement: 
Firstly I share a lovely expanding box file I bought from Paperchase and a pencil roll I got from Knit Picks, both for needle storage.

I received a lovely package from my American BFF Irene - who sent me among other things - some mini skeins from the following yarn companies

The Plucky Knitter,
Wollmeise and
Unwind Yarn Company.

I also received my first skein of Baerenwolle - Baerfoot sock in the 'Lavender Fields' colourway.

Finally, my Plucky Knitter order (yay free international shipping!) arrived - I ordered two One Hit Wonder colourways on worsted weight.

Shop Update:
I will be having an update in my shop - Stranded Dyeworks - on Friday January 13th. Amongst other things - I will have my brand new colourway Anti-Valentine which will be available right up until Valentines Day.
I have been dyeing a lot of yarn for Unravel Festival in Farnham - you can find out more information about Unravel right here.


No comments:

Post a Comment