Tuesday 27 September 2016

Stranded Podcast - Episode 18 - Background Noise aka NOT my Yarndale epsiode

Shownotes for the episode:



This week's episode is actually LAST week's episode. There was some youtube drama and it refused to upload.

Knitting:
I am working on a toe up vanilla sock out of Stranded Dyeworks Oasis Fingering in the 'Fright Night' colourway. These are being knit on 2mm needles (US 0).

I am still working on my Exploration Station shawl by Stephen West for the KAL being run by Kristen of the Yarngasm podcast and Lara of the Dyer's Notebook podcast. I am using Stranded Dyeworks Solo Singles in 'Limoncello', 'Feathered', 'Highway Code' and 'Spook'. I mention Grace - who is @littleminky93 on instagram and ravelry - you can find her unnamed podcast here.

FO's:
I knit a swatch out of my 'Candy Wrapper' colourway on Oasis Fingering. I discuss possibly making a Featherweight cardigan by Hannah Fettig out of it.

I also share my finished Flamingo Legs socks - which are the Dyad Top Down pattern from Sock Architecture by Lara Neel. These are knitted out of 'Flamingo Legs' on Stranded Dyeworks Oasis Fingering.

Stash Enhancement: 
I received a wonderful letter from Amy - who is oddknits_adventure on instagram and oddknitsadventure on ravelry. She sent me a skein of The Uncommon Thread Tough Sock in 'Hi Vis Pink' and a little mini skein of the same base in 'Hi Vis Yellow'.

Questions: 
I answer questions from the Questions thread in the ravelry group. (I also mention my planner - which you can find here).

How I develop new colourways? and How to spin even yarn? Are the questions I answer this week.

Dyeing:
I talk about the colours going up in the shop - no new colourways this week, but you can find the shop right here. I also mention the Stranded Dyeworks Sock Blank club - there are still spots open, you can find them here.




No comments:

Post a Comment