Friday 26 August 2016

Stranded Podcast - Episode 15 - HOT HOT HOT

Episode 15: HOT HOT HOT 


Intro: There’s a change in back ground this week because autofocus hates me - which is why I didn’t upload an episode last week.

Knitting: I am working on socks out of a new colourway from Stranded Dyeworks in the ‘Flamingo Legs’ colourway. These are the Dyad Top Down socks from Sock Architecture by Lara Neel.

FO’s: Improvised socks - toe up with an afterthought heel with 1x1rib for one round every time the colour changed. Knit out of Knit Picks Felici in the ‘Baker Street’ colourway.

I finished a Luuk hat by Annis Jones out of some handspun from Jelly Beans Yarns batts in the ‘Candyfloss’ colourway. 

I knit an army of Garter Stitch Ear Flap Hats which is a free pattern on the Purl Bee blog. The first is knit with Cascade 220 superwash, the second is super old hand dyed aran, the third is leftovers of Stranded Dyeworks Oasis Fingering in ‘Highway Code’ and ‘Spook’ held together, as is the fourth. 

I also improvised a hat - vaguely using this pattern - but in a heavier weight - fingering held doubled instead of fingering weight. This is knit out of ‘Spook’ and ‘Highway Code’ held together, striped with mystery rainbow sock yarn held together.

The big finished objects are: 

My Quicksilver Shawl by Melanie Berg, also knit out of Stranded Dyeworks Oasis in the colours ‘Party Dress’, ‘Spook’ and ‘Highway Code’. 

And my Mira sweater by Justyna Lorkowska - which I’ve shown before, is blocked and the ends are woven in.

You can find all my yardage for Stash Dash here.

Spinning-wise…

I spun some natural wool - it’s a mystery wool - very rustic, 2ply. 
I spun some felted fibre claiming to be 18.5 micron extra fine Merino. Naming no names here. Single ply. 
Next up is another single ply - hand dyed Merino in my banned ‘Clone Club’ colourway. I mention Orphan Black which is the TV show the colourway name comes from.
Finally I spun up an unlabelled colourway from the stash - I think it’s from Spin Pretty. It’s a 2ply, using a technique mentioned in the Craftsy class Spinning Dyed Fibres with Felicia Lo. 

Stash Enhancement: 

I bought three braids of Merino/Tussah Silk in the ‘Pebble Beach’ colourway from Spindles and Stitches

I also bought three braids of fibre from Artist’s Palette Yarns - a braid of BFL in the ‘As Luck Would Have It’ colourway, and two braids of Superwash BFL in the colourways ‘Grand Dame’ and ‘Fandom’.

Dyeing: 

You can find my etsy shop Stranded Dyeworks right here
I have three new colourways - two repeatable ones - in the shop this week. I have a batch of Paintbox no. 15 - a one of a kind colourway on my Solo Singles base. 

Candy Wrapper’ is in stock on Oasis Fingering and ‘Feathered’ - my blue tit inspired colourway - is in stock on Oasis Fingering and Solo Singles

Thankyou so much for watching! 

No comments:

Post a Comment