Tuesday 2 August 2016

Stranded Podcast: Episode 13 - Autofocus (and SSK recap!)



Episode 13 - Autofocus (and SSK recap!) 

This week’s episode is a long one - lots of content in all sections apart from dyeing. I’m recording on a new camera - the episode isn’t as brightly lit as I’d like, but we’ll get there.

Knitting:

I am knitting on the Mira Sweater by Justyna Lorkoswka out of Stranded Dyeworks Oasis in the ‘Magpie’ colourway.

I’m also working on a pair of Treeline socks by Hey Lady Hey, out of an OOAK colourway from Voolenvine Yarns.

Finally I’m knitting on a sock out of Knit Picks Felici in the ‘Baker Street’ colourway. These are an improvised toe up pattern, where I throw in a round of 1x1 rib every time I hit a colour change.

Finished Objects: 

I have also finished ALL the socks! 
My Ribbed Ribbons socks by Wendy D. Johnson are finished - these are knit out of Stranded Dyeworks Oasis in ‘Party Dress’. These are on Bryson sock blockers - UK people can find them here. US people can probably find them anywhere! ;) 
My Street Art sock blank socks are finished - these are toe up afterthought heel socks, knit out of a Stranded Dyeworks Plateau Sock Blank in the ‘Street Art’ colourway.
I have knit up my handspun yarn from the last episode - a chain ply fingering weight out of fibre from Spin Pretty in the ‘Cool Rainbow’ colourway.
Finally I have finished a pair of socks knit out of some very, very old handdyed yarn - the toe up Strie Socks by Lara Neel from Sock Architecture

Spinning: 

I finished plying my hand dyed BFL - I got 343m of a predominantly sport weight 2ply. 
Two 25g batts from Jelly Bean Yarns in the ‘Candyfloss’ colourway - 47m of a 2ply. 
Next I spun up a mystery art batt (only a mystery because I can’t remember what batt it is - and it doesn’t have a label) - from SpinCityUK, I got 137m of a 2ply.
I have also finished some handdyed merino - 129m of a 2ply. 

I mention Yarndale festival - which I’m going to be attending in September - I’ll talk about it more in the next episode.

I’m currently spinning some hand dyed Polwarth - which will be a 2ply. 

Dyeing: 

I updated the shop with a small amount of Street Art on various bases - the shop is kind of empty at the moment - because I’ve been away, but there will be an update on Thursday August 4th.

SSK Recap:

SSK is the Super Summer Knitogether retreat run by The Knit Girllls, in Nashville Tennessee. 
I took an Intro To Brioche class with Mercedes Tarasovich - I mention her book Brioche Chic

I tried the Hansen Mini Spinner in the Tasting Room, and I played with a drum carder and made a very amateur batt that I’m ridiculously pleased with. 

Stash Enhancement - I’m just going to list vendors / dyers, I’ll talk about the individual yarn and fibre when I work with it.  


(I also mention Haus Of Yarn - the best yarn shop in Nashville!) 








No comments:

Post a Comment