Tuesday 12 January 2016

Introducing the Stranded Podcast...

One of last year's knitting resolutions was to start my own knitting podcast. I'm a year too late - but who's counting?! Please excuse the video quality of the very first episode - I'm going to attempt to record the next one using my DSLR...



Shownotes:

0:00-2:14 - Introduction and a little bit about me.

2:15-9:57  - Works In Progress:

Improvised Slip-Stitch socks, on size 2.25mm (US 1) HiyaHiya Sharps, out of Wren & Ollie 'Ollie's Sock' in the 'Serendipity' colourway.

Toe-up vanilla sock, improvised pattern, on size 2mm (US 0) needles - ChiaoGoo Red Lace (even though I don't mention that!) - this is being knit out of my hand dyed yarn Stranded Dyeworks 'Oasis Fingering' in the 'Ocean Rainbow' colourway.

Insouciant by Julie Hoover, out of Habu Textiles in Tsumugi Silk.

Color Affection shawl by Veera Välimäki. This is knit out of Hedgehog Fibres 'Skinny Singles' in the colourways Truffle, Villain and Granny.

Hexipuff Seat Cushion from The Bee Keeper's Quilt pattern by Tiny Owl Knits out of assorted sock yarn leftovers.

9:58-14.40 Projects I'm Proud Of:

Stranded Knitting Blog Old Romance Cardigan Joji Locatelli

Old Romance cardigan by Joji Locatelli. Knit out of Madeline Tosh Sock in the 'Moorland' colourway, with modifications by ittybitty.

Stranded Blog Stranded Dyeworks Knitting Spinning Dyeing Crochet Fibre Friday Amy Edwards Green

Pomme de Pin cardigan by Amy Christoffers. Knit out of Madeline Tosh Pashmina in the 'Leopard' colourway (again, something I neglect to mention). I talked more about this project in this blog post.

Stranded Knitting Fibre Friday Yarn Blog

Linus Shawl by Annett Cordes, knit out of 2ply, fractally spun handspun from batts by Justadaydream in the 'Olive Bowl' colourway.

14:41-16:50 - Spinning:

No actual spinning to share, but I show off the Akerworks Bobbins I received for Christmas, for my Schacht Matchless spinning wheel.

16:51-End - Dyeing:

No actual dyeing to show (it was Christmas guys, I was lazy!) but I talk a little about my hand dyed yarn business Stranded Dyeworks.

You can find me on ravelry and instagram as amyflorence.

--

So it's the very first episode, a learning curve - I need to write more detailed show notes for when I record next - so I don't forget vital information like colourway names! But seeing as I started recording this about thirteen times, just finishing it and uploading it feels like an achievement!

2 comments:

  1. Woo hoo just watched this podcast. Great debut Amy,long may it continue. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One word, AMAZING. I wanted to watch all of them in one go, but a wise person once advised 'moderation is key'. It's so wonderful to see everything you are working on, even with the 300 miles between us !!

    ReplyDelete