Saturday 10 October 2015

Fibre Fri-Saturday #35

Slightly late this week - I was in London at the Knitting & Stitching show yesterday and by the time I got home, the daylight had run out! So it had to wait until I'd finished work today ;) It's a bit of a short post - because a few projects saw a fair amount of work...
Stranded Blog Fibre Friday Knitting Handdyed
My handdyed socks are progressing well! The first one is finished and I'm on the leg of the second sock. I am so pleased with how this yarn is knitting up! Not to toot my own horn or anything haha.
Stranded Blog Fibre Friday Knitting
My Divine cardigan is coming along - I'm on the second front (I can't remember if it's the left or right one) and it's going fairly quickly - gotta love stocking stitch! The pattern is Sirdar 7176 and I'm using Sirdar Divine.
Stranded Blog Fibre Friday Knitting Hitchhiker Martina Behm
I put another two points on my handspun Hitchhiker Shawl by Martina Behm at knit night this week. It's the perfect project for knitting and chatting - as garter stitch is pretty mindless - I need to start working on it whilst watching something riveting on telly, just to keep my interest going!
Stranded Blog Fibre Friday Knitting Pomme de Pin Amy Christoffers Stranded Blog Fibre Friday Knitting Pomme de Pin Amy Christoffers
My Pomme de Pin cardigan has had the most work put into it - I can't wait for it to be finished so I can wear the heck out of it! Pomme de Pin is a pattern by Amy Christoffers that I'm knitting out of Madeline Tosh 'Pashmina' in the 'Leopard' colourway. I've divided for the back and front, the back is finished and I'm on one of the front panels (again, no idea which one it is off of the top of my head!). I'm slightly worried that it's going to be a bit on the small side - but it'll block out, right?! Haha.
Stranded Blog Fibre Friday Dyeing
Another week without any spinning - my wheel is getting seriously neglected! Damn these cardigan projects ;) But I did get some dyeing done - this is some super wash Merino / Nylon - perfect for spinning up into sock yarn!

Okay, so a short week, apologies for that - I'm hoping to have my socks finished for next week and maybe some spinning content... We shall see! Enjoy your Saturday night - I'm off to watch Strictly Come Dancing - which has been on in the background as I've typed this and is the reason it's taken me an hour to write such a short post! haha.

1 comment:

  1. No matter a short week you always seem to pack so much in. I am just in the throes of finishing a rabbit for someone and have to make another one. I love those socks and the cardigan looks grand. Would love to have seen you at Ally Pally...as it is I am going on Sunday so may even reap a few bargains....last year was fantastic. Still not done any spinning but never mind I will get there...:)

    ReplyDelete