Friday 23 October 2015

10 Weeks To Go - A Knitting Resolution Update

Sorry for the lack of a Fibre Friday post this week - this isn't because I've been lazy - I promise! I've done a fair amount of knitting and dyeing this week, but I've been working lots and I'm going away for the weekend tomorrow night, so I haven't had a chance to take photographs of anything, in daylight! There is a chance that after the clocks go back this weekend, Fibre Friday will turn into a Fibre Fri-Whatever Day I Have Enough Daylight haha. But I promise they'll be an extra long post next week. Anyway. Onwards...


The majority of the socks I knit during Stash Dash over the summer.

There are ten weeks left of 2015 (I counted - on a quiet afternoon at work last week! Haha). So that's just over two months to finish up my 2015 Knitting Resolutions. I did a six month recap back at the end of June and I thought it was time for an update.

My Knitting Resolutions were as follows:

- Knit ten projects from books I own.
- Knit ten projects, including a sweater, out of my handspun yarn.
- Continue onwards with #operationsockdrawer and knit twenty five pairs of socks.
- Steek something.
- Start a knitting podcast.

Well, two of those haven't happened at all - I haven't steeked anything and I don't see myself starting a podcast. I have too much to juggle right now and I don't think I could do it justice!

stranded blog

My handspun Linus Shawl
But, I have fallen in love with knitting with my handspun yarn. I've yet to make a sweater out of it, but so far I've knitted three pairs of socks, four hats, a shawl and five Birds of Happiness. I'm currently working on my fourth pair of socks, which - if you don't count each bird as a finished item, but as a collective, will be my tenth project.
Unless I finish my Hitchhiker first of course...

Knitting ten projects from books I own however, isn't going quite as well... So far, I've finished four things - all socks.
Stranded Blog Knitting Spinning Handspun
A pair of Budleigh socks from Coop Knits Socks by Rachel Coopey.
Stranded Blog Knitting Spinning Handspun
A pair of Tic-Tac-Toe-Up socks from Socks from the Toe Up by Wendy D. Johnson.
Stranded Blog Knitting Spinning Handspun Stranded Blog Knitting Spinning Handspun
A pair of Dyad socks (top) and a pair of Strie socks both from Sock Architecture by Lara Neel.

My sock drawer is another matter entirely - I am making fabulous progress on my biggest goal, knitting twenty five pairs of socks over the course of the year. I'm currently on my 22nd pair - a couple of pairs have been gifts, but the majority have been for me (priorities - am I right!?) and with another ten weeks left of the year, I think I can make it to twenty five...

I'm ready for 2015 to be over now I think - I want new resolutions! Bring on the Year Of Sweaters! (I know, I know, I'm a glutton for punishment)

2 comments: