Sunday 17 May 2015

Stash Dash 2015

I'm currently in London town for the weekend, visiting some friends and eating far too much - so My Week In Pictures post will follow upon my return! Meanwhile...
Stranded Stash Dash Knitting Spinning There is less than a week to go until the start of Stash Dash 2015. If you haven't stumbled across Stash Dash before - it's a challenge knit-a-long organised by Leslie and Laura of The Knit Girllls podcast, where you pledge to knit 5000m of yarn in a certain time frame. This year it's running from May 22nd to August 14th and they've set three different challenge goals - 3km, 5km or 10km. This is my first year participating officially (last year I didn't post in the forum or anything, just tried - and failed - to knit 5k) and I'm excited. I love arbitrary goals. Not that you'd know that if you knew how badly I'm sticking to my 2015 Knitting Resolutions...

Anyway. The best thing about Stash Dash is how cheater friendly it is. If you have a sweater that just needs a button band and you finish it during Stash Dash - you can count the entire yardage of the sweater. You can find all the rules in the thread in The Knit Girllls group.
Stranded Stash Dash Knitting Spinning
In the grand scheme of things, I don't have that many unfinished knitting projects - the contents of my WIP's bin is pictured above - I'm aiming to finish all of them during Stash Dash - except possibly the Barndom Shawl on the far left, which might be frogged... That way, even if I don't reach my 5K goal, at least I'll have a lot of empty sets of needles ready for new projects...

Also - if I knit through some of the stash, it's an excuse for buying a little more yarn, right?!

1 comment:

  1. Honestly thought the pink thing in the last photo was a pair of pants. And then I thought you were crazy for making woolly pants. And then I realised it's (what I assume to be) a folded up shawl. Love the turquoise socks!!

    ReplyDelete